Keebles’ Carys Thompson set to share data protection expertise at Consulegis webinar
In the same month GDPR is celebrating its second birthday, we’re delighted to announce Keebles’ Legal Director Carys Thompson will be sharing data protection and GDPR expertise at Consulegis’ webinar – ‘Global Data Protection: From USA to Europe to China.’, on Tuesday 16 June.
Hosted by our international partner network Consulegis, Carys will be representing the UK and will join a panel of experienced international specialists who will discuss current topics, issues and processes around data protection and laws across the world.
The webinar, which is free of charge and is open to anyone to attend, will explore topics including new international data protection laws, data exchange and data export across the world and the impacts of Brexit and the Covid-19 crisis.
GDPR and Data Protection around the world
Together with GDPR, numerous data protection regulations around the world have and continue to be implemented. Among the more notable include California’s California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and China’s CyberSecurity Law (CSL).
Given the latter, businesses are looking to their own internal activities concerning data management and are seeking models for compliance that safeguard data and reduce the risk of liability.
Topics and international speakers
Carys, who is part of Consulegis’ IT and Data Protection Group, will share her expertise and will be contributing to discussions around the following topics:
- How to be compliant across various jurisdictions with data protection regulations
- How to exchange and export data in compliance with GDPR, CCPA, CSL and regulations
- Key lessons since the implementation of GDPR
- The impact of Brexit on data protection
- The impact of COVID-19 on data protection around the world
Bart Van den Brande of Sirius Legal will moderate the discussion and other speakers joining Carys are:
- David Schenker of Advotech Advokaten (Switzerland)
- Lucia Netti of Horizons Advisory (China)
- Katherine Lewis of Meister Seelig & Fein LLP (USA)
- Laura Borzoni of Lawyalty Avvocati (Italy)
- Gwendal Barbaut of IPSIDE (France)
The webinar will be one hour and will include an extensive question and answer session. To subscribe your attendance for free, head over to the event page on Consulegis’ website here.