5 reasons you need to make a Will …. today!
Whatever stage of life you’re at, a properly drafted Will is something you simply cannot afford to be without. It is nothing to be fearful of … nor is it simply another job on your ‘to do’ list you can keep putting off!
A Will is one of the most important documents you may ever sign. It dictates what happens to your money, your assets and your property in the event of your death and confirms who will have responsibility for making sure all of those things go to the people you want them to.
And as family units continue to become more complicated than ever before – you may be married for the second time, living with a partner or unmarried but with children – the need to have Will has only grown in importance and here are 5 key reasons why:
- Within your will you can appoint the executors who will handle the administration of your estate.
- A Will doesn’t just set out who gets what; you can make specific gifts, deal with business interests, make arrangements for your loved ones to remain in a property that will eventually pass to someone else
- You can name the legal guardians you want to take care of any children under 18.
- You may also want to look at ways to protect your property or leverage the equity in that property as you become older.
- You may even want to leave your body to medical science or fulfil a lifelong dream and have your ashes launched into space!
The simple truth is if you don’t make a Will, your wishes may not be fulfilled and everything you have worked so hard for during your life may well end up somewhere or with someone you do not want it to and your loved ones may be the ones who suffer.
A meeting with a solicitor, to discuss your will can also raise issues that you did not appreciate existed! Put yourself in a strong position and be forewarned and forearmed when it comes to the future of your family and loved ones.
If you would like to make an appointment to speak to our experienced team about your Will today please call Eilidh Jordan on 0114 290 6206 or email Eilidh at email@example.com.