A Guide to Selling and Buying Property
At Keebles we understand that moving house is one of life’s most stressful challenges.
Our team of Conveyancers have many years experience in dealing with residential Conveyancing and offer a bespoke service. We work on a one to one basis providing an efficient and proactive service.
Below is a simple guide to the selling and buying process:
• Ask you to complete Property Information and Fittings and Contents Forms as these will make up part of the Contract pack. These forms provide general information about your property and will be provided to the buyer’s solicitors.
• Prepare the Contract between you and your buyer based on information obtained from the Land Registry and provide this to the buyer’s solicitors along with Land Registry information.
• Deal with any enquiries raised by your buyer’s solicitors. At this stage we may request your assistance in answering these enquiries in order to provide satisfactory responses.
• Ask you to sign the Contract and Transfer Deed (which will be drafted by the buyer’s solicitors).
• Once a completion date has been agreed between you and your buyer we will then exchange Contracts with the buyer’s solicitor which will make the completion date legally binding
• Request a redemption statement from your lender (if applicable) made up to the date of completion
• Prepare a statement showing the financial transactions and any balance due from/to you
• On completion, once the monies have been received from the buyer’s solicitors we will notify you and authorise the estate agents to release the keys. We will also arrange to redeem your mortgage and discharge our fees and those of the estate agents and account to you with any balance due.
• Receive the Contract pack from the seller’s solicitors and raise enquiries with the solicitors based on the information provided.
• Submit searches to the local authority and other relevant bodies which would reveal any matters affecting the property.
• Receive your mortgage offer (if applicable) and advise you of any special conditions which affect the offer.
• Upon receipt of satisfactory replies to enquiries and search results we will prepare a report to you detailing our findings together with the documentation for you to sign. If you would prefer to call in to discuss the documentation an appointment may be arranged with the person handling your case.
At this stage we will also request a deposit from you to enable us to exchange Contracts.
• Once a completion date has been agreed between you and your seller we will then exchange Contracts with the seller’s solicitor which will make the completion date legally binding.
• Prepare a statement showing the financial transactions and any balance due from/to you taking into account the deposit already paid.
• Request the monies to be received from your mortgage lender in time for completion.
• On completion, will transfer the purchase monies to your seller’s solicitors. On receipt completion will be effected and the seller’s solicitors will authorise release of the keys.
• Deal with payment of our fees, any stamp duty land tax and arrange to register you as the new owner of the property at the Land Registry.