Divorce is never easy. It is likely that if a breakdown in your marriage has occurred you will be experiencing a wide range of emotions and it may be difficult to make important decisions or know how to take the process forward. At Keebles we have an expert team of divorce solicitors to help guide you through the process of divorce.
Divorce is one of the most stressful life events you can go through and we are here to offer the expertise and support needed to get you through the process successfully.
We understand that you will have concerns about things such as spending time with your children or how your finances will be divided. Our team will ensure that you achieve the best possible outcome, taking your best interests and needs into account.
What are the grounds for divorce?
Assuming that you have been married for a year it is possible to apply for a divorce. There is only one ground for a divorce and that is the irretrievable breakdown of a marriage. This must be based on one of five factors.
- Unreasonable behaviour
- Living apart from two years and both parties agree to the divorce,
- Living apart for five years, or
If you have not been married for a year, then you could look at applying for a separation agreement or getting your marriage annulled.
How long does it take to get divorced?
On average it takes between 6 -12 months to get divorced, however, if it is a complex case or if partners cannot agree on finances it can take over a year. This is due to the substantial backlog Courts are facing at present. Whilst we understand that you will want to finalise the divorce as quickly as possible, it’s important to not rush into a settlement unless it is fair. Our team will work hard to ensure that you reach a fair settlement as quickly as possible.
What are the stages of the divorce process?
There are ultimately four stages to a divorce and our team would guide you through each stage:
- The Divorce petition,
- An acknowledgement of Service,
- The Decree Nisi (the Court confirming that you are able to get divorced)
- The Decree Absolute (confirming your marriage is over in the eyes of the Court.)
Finances and children are dealt with separately.
Why choose our divorce solicitors?
Our solicitors are expert negotiators who will work hard to ensure you reach a fair agreement and to prioritise your best interests. We are a Yorkshire based firm who have particular experience in divorces involving high net worth individual and people with business interest.
- Do you have to be separated to get a divorce?
- What is a no-fault divorce?
- What is an uncontested divorce?
- How much does it cost to get divorced?
- How long does it take to get a divorce?
- Will I have to go to court?
- What do I do about custody, visitation, property, and other issues while the divorce is proceeding
- How will our property be divided?
- Who will have to pay off our debts?
- How is maintenance determined?
- How is child support determined?
- Do I need a divorce lawyer?
- What are the different grounds for divorce?
- How long does it take for a divorce to be finalized?
To find out how we can help with your divorce, or to arrange a free half hour consultation with one of our team then please call us on 0114 276 5555 or email email@example.com