How Much Does a Conveyancer Cost?

The cost of conveyancing depends on a variety of factors, including whether you are buying or selling, whether the property is freehold or leasehold, if you are getting a mortgage etc. In addition, the costs charged by solicitors and conveyancers vary by law firm and are not on a standardised scale. Whilst it may be thought that the additional costs associated with a purchase (otherwise known as disbursements) such as the “searches” carried out by your solicitor would be the same, this is not always the case. Get a free, no obligation conveyancing quote here.

Do you pay conveyancing fees upfront?

When you have instructed us to act as your conveyancing solicitors, we will send you the initial forms to complete (normally on our Keebles Conveyancing App). When returning these forms, we ask for £300 on account for a purchase, and £50 on account for a sale. These figures form part of the conveyancing costs and are deducted from your bill.

Who pays conveyancing fees – the buyer or seller?

It is normal that a seller and buyer are responsible for their own costs associated with buying or selling a property.

Are conveyancers cheaper than solicitors?

As there is no standardised scale for how much conveyancers or solicitors should charge for conveyancing, it is down to each firm to set their own prices. Here at Keebles Conveyancing we believe we offer great value conveyancing fees from a friendly, approachable team – get a conveyancing quote today.

Can I do my own conveyancing?

Technically you could carry out your own conveyancing in certain circumstances. However, this isn’t recommended and is very rare for a few reasons. If you are selling a property it is unlikely that the buyers’ solicitors would agree to act where the seller is not represented. If you are buying a property and need a mortgage, your mortgage lender will insist that they have legal representation, and therefore so must you. Further, the Land Registry insist that all parties to a property transfer are represented by a solicitor/conveyancer, or at the very least provide a Form ID1, which must be completed in front of a solicitor. It’s much better to be left in the hands of the professionals who do this every day.

Visit our Conveyancing Frequently Asked Questions page for more topics.

Share ...
Get in touch