We provide advice and support on the issues facing sports clubs, sport administrators, sportspeople and governing bodies.
Keebles understand that the sports world encompasses as wide a range of clubs and participants, at all levels, as there are sports in which to participate.
Whatever the nature of your involvement, the breadth of issues that you could encounter are equally varied, ranging from employment issues to commercial contracts, from company sales/acquisitions to dispute resolution and issues with governing bodies or from matters relating to individual or commercial property to issues relating to the protection and exploitation of your brand, image and intellectual property rights.
At Keebles, we provide clear, commercially focused advice designed to meet the needs of you and/or your business or club. To see how we can help, please contact one of the members of our dedicated sports team.
Services we offer include:
- employment law advice – for players, officers or clubs
- dispute resolution – including regulatory and advice re governing bodies
- intellectual-property – including brand and reputation management
- commercial contracts
- corporate law – including mergers and acquisitions
- property law advice
Examples of recent work carried out in the sector team include:
- Advising a local Football League club on establishing its Community Trust’s community sports hub, the only one of its kind in the Football League. This included completing leases for the tenants of the hub, which was itself a condition of the first stage of funding being secured to enable the development.
- Working with a number of Premier League and Football League clubs in relation to revising the terms and conditions of their on-line stores to reflect the changes in consumer legislation in summer 2014. This was significant as failure to implement changes could have led to the clubs being subject to prosecution.
- Assisting a number of Rugby Union and Football League clubs in respect of senior executive appointments and severance.